How to Apply J&K Ladli Beti Scheme: A Comprehensive Guide & Benefits. The Jammu and Kashmir Ladli Beti Scheme is a flagship scheme of the J&K government aimed at empowering the girl child. The scheme was launched in 2018 to promote the birth of a girl child, ensure her survival and protect her rights. The scheme provides financial assistance to the girl child at different stages of her life and encourages her education and growth. In this article, we will discuss the various aspects of the Ladli Beti Scheme and how it can benefit the girl child.
Introduction: Ladli Beti Scheme and its Objectives
The Ladli Beti Scheme is an initiative by the J&K government to promote the welfare of the girl child. The scheme provides financial assistance to the girl child at different stages of her life, such as at the time of birth, for education, and at the time of marriage. The objectives of the scheme are as follows:
- To encourage the birth of a girl child and prevent female foeticide.
- To ensure the survival and protection of the girl child.
- To promote the education of the girl child and provide financial assistance for her education.
- To provide financial assistance to the girl child at the time of her marriage.
- To empower the girl child and provide her with equal opportunities in life.
Eligibility and Benefits of the Ladli Beti Scheme
The Ladli Beti Scheme is applicable to girls born in Jammu and Kashmir after 1st April 2018. The scheme provides financial assistance to the girl child at different stages of her life as follows:
- At the time of birth – A one-time payment of Rs. 1,000 is given to the mother of the girl child as an incentive for the birth of the girl child.
- For education – Financial assistance of Rs. 1,500 per annum is given to the girl child from class 1 to 8, and Rs. 2,000 per annum from class 9 to 12 for the purpose of education.
- At the time of marriage – Financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 is given to the girl child at the time of her marriage after she attains the age of 18 years and has completed her 10th standard.
Implementation of the Ladli Beti Scheme
The Ladli Beti Scheme is implemented by the Jammu and Kashmir Social Welfare Departments. The scheme is monitored at the district level by the District Social Welfare Officer. The scheme is implemented through the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) and the Department of School Education. The funds for the scheme are allocated by the state government in the budget.
Impact of the Ladli Beti Scheme
The Ladli Beti Scheme has had a significant impact on the welfare of the girl child in Jammu and Kashmir. The scheme has encouraged the birth of girl children and prevented female foeticide. The scheme has also ensured the survival and protection of the girl child. The financial assistance provided under the scheme has encouraged the education of the girl child and improved her opportunities in life. The scheme has also provided financial assistance to the girl child at the time of her marriage, thus reducing the financial burden on the family.
What are the benefits of the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme?
The J&K Ladli Beti Scheme provides financial assistance to families with girl children from birth to graduation. The scheme offers the following benefits:
- Financial Assistance at Birth: The scheme provides financial assistance of INR 1,000 to the family of the girl child at birth.
- Annual Scholarship: The girl child is entitled to receive an annual scholarship of INR 600 from classes 1st to 8th, INR 700 from classes 9th to 10th, INR 1,000 from classes 11th to 12th, and INR 1,500 for graduation.
- Insurance Coverage: The scheme provides insurance coverage of INR 1,00,000 to the girl child and INR 2,00,000 to the family of the girl child in case of any unfortunate event.
- Marriage Assistance: The scheme provides a one-time financial assistance of INR 25,000 to the girl child at the time of her marriage.
- Promotion of Education: The scheme also aims to promote the education of the girl child and to make higher education accessible to them. Under the scheme, free textbooks are provided to the girl child up to class 12th.
How to Apply for the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme?
The J&K Ladli Beti Scheme is available to all eligible families with girl children in J&K. Here’s how to apply for the scheme:
- Visit the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) or Anganwadi Centre and obtain the application form.
- Fill in the application form with all the required details such as the name of the girl’s child, date of birth, family income, etc.
- Attach all the necessary documents such as the birth certificate of the girl child, ration card, and income certificate.
- Submit the application form along with the documents to the nearest CSC or Anganwadi Centre.
- The application will be verified, and financial assistance will be provided to eligible families.
FAQs about the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme:
Q1 .Who is eligible to apply for the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme?
Answer: Any girl child born on or after April 1, 2015, in Jammu and Kashmir is eligible for the Ladli Beti Scheme. However, the scheme is only available for the first two girls in a family.
Q2 .What are the benefits of the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme?
Answer: The scheme provides a financial benefit of INR 1.5 lakhs to the first girl child in a family, which can be used for education, marriage, or starting a business when the girl turns 18. The second girl child in the family receives a financial benefit of INR 1 lakh.
Q3. How can I apply for the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme?
Answer: To apply for the scheme, you need to fill out the application form available on the official website of the J&K Social Welfare Department. You will also need to submit necessary documents, such as the child’s birth certificate and the parents’ ID proof, along with the application.
Q4. What is the last date to apply for the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme?
Answer: There is no last date to apply for the Ladli Beti Scheme, as it is an ongoing scheme.
Q5. Can I apply for the Ladli Beti Scheme for my third daughter?
Answer: No, the Ladli Beti Scheme is only applicable to the first two girl children in a family. If you already have two daughters and are expecting another child, you will not be eligible for the scheme.
Q6. Where is the Office for J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Located?
Answer: The J&K Ladli Beti Scheme office is located at the following address:- Directorate of Social Welfare Government of Jammu and Kashmir 1st Floor,