Srinagar Airport Enforces Quarantine Protocols for Incoming Passengers
Like other airports in the country, Srinagar Airport too has resumed the partial functioning with as many as nine flights to be operational on May, 25th. But there exist certain rules and protocols, formulated by Jammu and Kashmir Government to prevent the possible spread of Covid-19 infection.
Also Read : Big Decisions Taken For States and UTs
There will be a mandatory 14 day long (or the time till the passenger’s report comes negative) and the passenger’s will be acted upon as per the results of the test.
Following are the categories of passengers ( arriving by air, rail or any other means from outside the UT) to be sent to Home quarantine for a period of 14 days before taking their samples. The said patients will be admitted to a COVID hospital, in case they are found positive :
- Pregnant women in the last trimester, with a Doctor’s certificate of pregnancy.
- Cancer patients on chemotherapy.
Chronically ill patients, discharged from a hospital after a surgical procedure.
- Dialysis patients with a doctor’s certificate of being on dialysis.
- Mothers with infants below 1 year.
- Children below 10 years traveling alone without a family member.